Friday, February 27, 2015

Sneaky Tequila

I don't really have a good tie-in this week as world news has been a significant downer, the Mavs are having trouble with their point guard and I have no interest in Hollywood's annual self-gratification.  So, today's cocktail is one that was emailed to me quite some time ago with a link to Pinterest.  The emailer in question wanted my opinion on the drink (hopefully said person still religiously follows my blog in order to get the answer today).  I must admit that I was a little hesitant to try this.  Pinterest has some downright awesome craft, costume and kid's entertainment ideas, but as far as alcoholic libations go...it tends to be a little dicey.  But worry not, dear blog readers, I am here for you.  I sampled this drink of questionable origin as many times as was necessary to correct it and give you what you deserve!  

Yes, I know, I'm a saint.

SNEAKY TEQUILA



2       oz       Tequila
2       oz       Coconut Rum

1/2    oz       Peach Schnapps
1       oz       Pineapple Juice
1       oz       Cranberry Juice
Add all 4 ingredients to a martini shaker 3/4 full of ice
Shake vigorously
Pour into a highball (or regular 12 oz drinking glass)





You'll note my recipe varies from the Pinterest article.  As I said, I made the mistake of trying this before you did.  A simple splash of pineapple and cranberry just is not enough.  Trust me on this one.  Otherwise, there will be very little "sneaky" in your Sneaky Tequila.


No comments:

Post a Comment