Friday, April 26, 2013

Plastered Possum


I had something else planned for today, but had to scrap it when I heard the news that Country music icon (and LEGENDARY drinker) George Jones passed away today at the age of 81.


For all you young ’uns wondering who this guy is, George Jones WAS Country, when Country wasn’t cool.

Unconfirmed reports claim his death had nothing to do with his liver packing up and leaving him 17 years ago.

My guess is that all those hard years he spent with the crazy succubus, Tammy Wynette (deceased), finally did him in:
                      
(He Stopped Loving Her Today)  

                                     

 The obvious drink for homage would be White Lightning, but I really don’t want any of my readers going blind. 


PLASTERED POSSUM (If you don’t understand the reference, click here) 


1 oz      Cointreau (as always, Triple Sec is a good budget substitute)
1 oz      Galliano
1 oz      Melon Liqueur
1 oz      Cream
4 oz      Pineapple Juice


Fill martini shaker ½ with ice
Add the liquids
Shake vigorously
Pour content into a hurricane glass


Plastered Possum



R.I.P.









No comments:

Post a Comment